The Designer Ruby is a top-of-the-line sewing and embroidery machine. This machine has an amazing capability that will truly enhance your sewing experience. Husqvarna Viking is based in Sweden and has designed superior quality sewing machines with cutting edge technology for over 135 years.
The Designer Ruby is loaded with many features to make sewing easy. Some of them are quick help, quick guide, multiple light sources and needle stop (up or down). On-screen twin needle display is a built-in rare find. You’ll be able to keep track of your designs and custom stitches with the built in file manager. But there’s more!
Husqvarna Viking Designer Ruby Features
ULTIMATE INTERACTIVE SCREEN.
- It will be easy to control your machine.
- The screen is large (5.7 inch diagonal measurement).
- The full color, wide VGA touch screen is unique with high resolution (640 x 480).
- View clear text and realistic embroidery designs on screen.
- Enjoy an easy graphic control screen designed by sewers for sewers.
- All functions and stitches can be set or changed at a touch.
- Info Menu displays illustrated information, text, index and category help.
- View embroideries in full screen.
LARGE EXTENDED SEWING SURFACE.
- Sew large quilts, home decoration projects and garments with ease.
- Swedish design provides the ideal sewing surface.
- Long free arm for easy sewing.
LARGE EMBROIDERY AREA.
- Create and embroider larger designs!
- Large embroidery area (Up to 360 x 200mm).
- A wide range of optional Husqvarna Viking hoops can be used.
- DESIGNER™ Royal Hoop for designs up to 360 x 200 mm.
- DESIGNER™ Splendid Hoop for designs up to 120 x 120 mm.
- Approximately 1000 stitches, including sewing fonts.
- 7mm stitch width.
- Side Motion sewing can make stitches more than 50mm wide.
- More than 300 beautiful designs in various sizes.
- 147 beautiful designs are already loaded on the machine.
- The Classic Collection Embroidery CD has 175 designs.
- All designs include Automatic Jump Stitch Trims.
- You can label and date, embellish and create with built-in lettering.
- Built-in letters and numbers are programmable.
- 6 built-in sewing fonts.
- 4 built-in embroidery fonts in three different sizes.
Husqvarna Viking Designer Ruby Exclusive Sensor System
The sensor system senses fabric thickness as you sew. It automatically and continuously adjusts for perfect even feeding. There are four parts to the sensor system to provide the best sewing experience.
Exclusive Sensor Foot Lift.
- The presser foot automatically raises and lowers for every sewing technique.
- There are four presser foot positions: down, pivot, up, and extra lift. These positions make it easy to handle every sewing project and technique.
Exclusive Sensor Foot Extra Lift.
- Automatically lowers the feed teeth. Slide thick and heavy fabric and quilts under the foot with ease.
- Your hands are free to guide the fabric.
Exclusive Sensor Foot Pivot.
- Stop with the needle down and the foot senses fabric thickness.
- Automatic float position for instant pivoting, easy applique and quilting.
Exclusive Sensor Foot Pressure.
- Automatically and continuously senses the fabric thickness.
- Adjusts as you sew for perfect even feed.
Husqvarna Viking Designer Ruby Convenience
There are convenience features in the Designer Ruby to cherish!
EXCLUSIVE SEWING ADVISOR.
- Use the touch screen to enter the type of fabric and sewing technique.
- The Sewing Advisor instantly sets the machine for you.
- The Sewing Advisor sets the best stitch, stitch width, stitch length, thread tension, sensor foot pressure and sewing speed at the touch of a button.
- The best stitch is shown with the recommended presser foot and needle size and type on the Ultimate Interactive Screen.
EXCLUSIVE EMBROIDERY ADVISOR.
- Enter the type of fabric and the Embroidery Advisor guides you.
- Enter the type and weight of fabric to embroider and the machine recommends needle, stabilizer, top and bobbin thread.